- News Library
- Servier Medical Art
- Partnering & Licensing
Department : R&D
Reference : HDCS120717
Date : 19/07/2017
Place : Suresnes
At Servier we continue to foster the ambition to provide innovative therapies for unmet medical needs for the benefit of patients. In order to succeed in this exciting challenge we are actively developing our expertise and teams in Oncology and Biotechnologies.
In this aim, and in the context of the future regrouping of our Research activities in a brand new state-of-the-art center in Paris-Sacaly in 2020, we are currently seeking the opportunity to recruit a new Head for our Cellular Sciences Department.
Within our “Biotechnologies Pole of Excellence” (110 persons), and reporting directly to the Director you will get the opportunity to further develop an existing team of 15 dedicated scientists, with expertise in cell model development and functional and mechanistic analysis.
The position is of the highest importance to further empower molecular understanding of the interaction of the drug with its target in multiple therapeutic areas (oncology, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases, autoimmune and neuropsychiatric diseases) in both small molecule and biologics-based strategies.
The successful candidate will drive an innovative and “outward-looking culture” based on close collaboration with different Technology & Drug Discovery groups at Servier and through national and international collaborations. You will have the opportunity to interact dynamically and proactively with different teams in a multi-disciplinary environment to develop solutions to challenging functional cellular biology problems.
Key roles and activities
• Accountability and leadership of a team of cellular biologists, the candidate will build strong collaborations with R&D teams within and beyond the company.
• Working within a multidisciplinary team of molecular biologists, proteomics/ genomics groups and computational biologists you will be a key player in empowering an innovative drug portfolio by proactively developing key functional and molecular understanding of novel drug targets.
• In collaboration with a Molecular Biology group, develop cellular models to conduct mechanistic and target validation studies using cell engineering techniques and to support cellular screens.
• Ensure iterative and cooperative collaborations with the Screening Unit (HTS/HCA).
• Interact with other directions to assure strategic alignment and prioritization of studies for the drug discovery portfolio.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
• PhD degree with post-doctoral experience and publications in cellular biology (Cytometry, FACS, microscopy/imaging, High Content Analysis, molecular biology, cellular model development and related techniques) is essential.
• Previous industry or biotech experience is a prerequisite.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
• Management and leadership capabilities in a fast-paced environment
• Good network and relationship building skills
• French language is a plus